One of the most used ingredients in every household to treat all skin problems is Fuller’s earth or Multani Mitti. It is not a secret that Multani Mitti is amazing for the skin and in fact many use it every day to do away with loads of skin problems.
It’s also a staple ingredient in herbal formulations, Ayurvedic beauty treatments, and ubtans — Ayurvedic treatments to cleanse and detox the body often used before traditional Indian weddings.
Originated in Multan, It’s composed of hydrated aluminium silicates and is rich in magnesium chloride and calcium bentonite, a composition similar to bentonite clay. It’s found in a large range of natural colors like brown, green, and white. Multani Mitti contains mattifying properties that balance skin oils and remove impurities.
This wonder ingredient is especially beneficial for oily skin, as it helps open up clogged pores and absorbs excess sebum from the skin.
Let’s look at some easy and super effective face masks that can be made with Multani mitti for those with oily skin.
- People with oily skin often complain of their face looking dull, the reason is they don’t exfoliate their skin and the dead skin makes their skin look dull. A very easy pack that they can use is – mix 1 tbsp. Multani mitti, 1 tsp. glycerine,1/4 tsp. lemon juice & 1/2 tsp. rose water. Form a paste and gently apply on a clean and dry face in circular motion. Rinse it with lukewarm water and later apply a moisturiser.
- Multani mitti is god sent for those suffering from acne. Try this pack to free yourself from acne scars – In a bowl, take two tablespoons of Fuller’s earth and add one teaspoon of sandalwood powder and one teaspoon of turmeric into it. Mix the three ingredients well. Now, add some water as required and mix it all to make it a smooth paste. Apply this face pack on a clean face with the help of a facial brush and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse the pack off with lukewarm water and moisturise with a lightweight moisturiser. Use this face pack once a week for oil-free and spotless skin.
- Multani mitti is extremely helpful for those whose oil glands are hyperactive and always leave their face oily and greasy. The best remedy for it is, mix 1 tbsp multani millti with Half a spoon of Orange Peel Powder, 1/4th spoon of Turmeric Powder (haldi), One spoon of lemon juice and One spoon of honey. You will get a thick paste by mixing these ingredients and apply it on your face. Let the face pack completely dry and then wash it off with water. This pack will reduce excess oil from the face and improve the overall structure
- Those with oily skin need deep cleansing, as the pores get clogged and all the pollutants & dust penetrates deep into the skin. Combine one spoon of Multani Mitti with Half a spoon of Sandalwood Powder, 1/4th spoon of Turmeric Powder and Rose water or Milk
- Mix the ingredients to prepare the paste. Apply the face pack and leave it on until it dries completely and then wash it off with water
- The only bone of having oily skin is that the skin is soft, but that’s no reason not to make it softer. Also, people with oily skin always feel that they can do away with moisturiser but that’s a big myth. So use this easy pack to keep your oily skin hydrated and soft like a baby – Mix 1 tablespoon crushed and ground almonds,1 tablespoon raw milk &1 small cup multani mitti. Make a smooth paste and apply the pack on a clean & dry face. Scrub the pack off with the help of a sponge after it dries
- Dark patches and oily skin go hand in hand. It’s time to get rid of those embarrassing marks and have blemish free skin. Make paste using 2 tablespoons tomato juice, 2 tablespoons multani mitti, 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder and 1 teaspoon turmeric powder. Apply it on your face for 10 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.