Holi will be celebrated this year on March 18th with great pomp and show as lockdown restrictions have finally relieved in all states. India associates Holi with a festival of making colorful memories that create long-lasting bonds for a lifetime.
The Indian cinema has introduced its audiences to traditional dishes and rituals of Holi that have captured great grandeur and beauty of the festival. Hershey India encourages you to host your family & friends this Holi by preparing delicious festive recipes at home!
Try out these simple and Holi special recipes of Choco-Coconut Karanji and Dui Colored Sandesh curated by Chef Ranveer Brar for Hershey India.
1. Choco-Coconut Karanji
- 2 tbsp HERSHEY’S SPREADS Cocoa with Almonds
- 2 tbsp HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored SYRUP
- 1 tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 handful raisins
- 30 gms chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios and cashews)
- 4 -5dates (cooked and pureed)
- 5 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbspMilk powder
- 15 – 20fresh dough sheets
- Oil for deep frying
- Icing sugar for garnishing
- 1 Deep-frying Pan
- 1 Non-stick spoon
- Take a pan, add ghee, raisins and fry them for 30 secs.
- Then add chopped nuts to the mixture.
- Take one scoop of HERSHEY’S SPREADS Cocoa with Almond, dates, desiccated coconut and them to the mix.
- Then, add milk powder to thicken the mixture. Later, drizzle HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored SYRUP and cook for 2 mins.
- Remove the cooked mixture into a bowl so that it cools faster.
- Mix well and set the stuffing aside.
For Outer Layer
- Take 15-20 ready-made fresh dough sheets.
- Hold one of the circles in hand, place a ½ tsp of stuffing at the centre, and seal the ends with water to give it a karanji shape.
- Use a fork to seal the edges.
- Repeat this process with the remaining dough. Make a batch of karanjis and keep them ready.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Drop in the karanjis carefully and deep fry until golden.
- Place the fried karanjis on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle some HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored SYRUP on top of karanjis.
- Serve them any time of the day.
2. Dui Colored Sandesh
- 350 grams paneer
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- 250 ml condensed milk
For Chocolate Layer
- 70 gramsHERSHEY’S SPREADS Cocoa
- 100 gramsHERSHEY’S COCOA Natural Unsweetened
For Coconut Layer
- 100 grams desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon rose Water
- 1 Non-stick Pan
- 2 mixing bowls
- Aluminium foil
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add in grated paneer, powdered sugar, condensed milk & give it a good mix till it reaches a smooth consistency. Now, add in almonds & remove them from the heat.
- Divide the mixture into two separate bowls.
- For the coconut layer– add freshly grated coconut, rose water and knead into a dough-like consistency.
- For the chocolate layer– add HERSHEY’S Chocolate Spreads & HERSHEY’S Cocoa powder, knead and into a dough.
- Now, take the coconut dough and form a long cylindrical shape & keep it aside.
- Take the chocolate dough & roll it 2 inches thick.
- Put the coconut dough on one corner of the rolled chocolate dough & roll it like a Swiss roll.
- Take an aluminium foil, put the rolled dough & seal it tight. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Now, remove the dough out of the aluminium foil & cut into pieces. HERSHEY’S Dui Colored Sandesh is now ready to serve.
- Tip: Drizzle your favorite HERSHEY’S SYRUP variant on the Sandesh while serving.